Vinexpo : One of the world’s biggest Wine Fair is in France!
Bordeaux, the city of wine
Vinexpo is hosted in the Exhibition Center of Bordeaux. The city of Bordeaux has long been known as the City of Wine: nestled in the southwest region of France on the banks of the Garonne river, the surrounding countryside and the fertile soil produce some of the most well-known and expensive wines in the world. This summer, the city of Bordeaux will draw nearly 50,000 visitors for the biennial Vinexpo wine exhibition: the largest wine festival in the world. This record makes the Bordeaux region really proud of hosting such a wine fair and would like to maintain its pole position.
Who you’ll meet
Spread across four days in the beautiful weather of mid-June, the Vinexpo is filled with 2,350 trade exhibitors and 80 talks & tastings to welcome visitors, wine tourists and wine lovers.
Vinexpo also attracts thousands of professional buyers from supermarkets and airlines to distributors and restaurants, and allows them to negotiate for the very best wines, all while enjoying the diverse array of vendors. 2017 will be the first year that sees Chinese buyers outnumbering American and Europeans ones.
Wine growers will represent 40 countries such as Italy, Spain, Portugal, Chile, Argentina, USA, South Africa, UK, or Mexico but French wine will prevail in numbers or vendors. Chinese will increase their presence again introducing 5 times more wine growers compared to the latest Vinexpo edition in 2015. Smaller wine growerscan now afford to be present to this high-end fair limiting their expenditure.
And last, but not at all least, Vinexpo offers an amazing opportunity to explore the vast world of wines meeting wine labor unions, agents, coopers, importers, journalists, and wine dealers for the first time this year!
Furthermore, Vinexpo offers Blend, the official Vinexpo party. At the end of the third day of the exhibition, after thousands of professionals and tourists have made new connections and found new opportunities in the wine industry, attendees can relax and enjoy the evening at one of Bordeaux’s most prestigious venues, Palais de la Bourse.
Competing the other wine fairs!
Vinexpo also holds events in other cities such as Hong Kong, New York, and Tokyo, but with Bordeaux’s rich history and world-renowned wines, there hasn’t been better place for the largest wine exposition to be held since 1981. No doubt that Bordeaux is the highlight of these exhibitions, considering that The Guardian named Bordeaux as “The new world wine capital” and the New York Times voted it the “European Best Destination of 2015.”
Though, the Wine Fairs competition is getting harder. With exhibitions like ProWein in Germany, The London Wine Fair, Wine & Spirit Fair in Hong Kong or even Vinisud and Vinovision in France, Vinexpo needs to reinvent itself to maintain its leadership.
Vinexpo’s 2017 new features to better discover wine
– Spain as the country of honor: at every Vinexpo event, a specific country of honor is named, which gives attendees a special opportunity to focus on the wines from this country. This year, the Iberian Peninsula serves as the country of honor, which gives a special placement to Spanish exhibitors in the center of Hall 1 and announces great Spanish wine tastings!
– Shortest duration: 4 days instead of 5 days total, to make it more intense.
– The presence of small wine growers thanks to a reduced fare.
– Organic is coming: in addition to this broad range of wines from across the world, this year is the first year of WOW! (World of Organic Wines), a special Vinexpo organic event during 2 days, featuring more than 200 organic wine-growers. This concern for organic wine and biodynamic agriculture will be completed by tastings and conferences on the topic.
– WineTech, first coordinator of wine startups in the world, is arriving to Vinexpo. Plenary lecture and 17 WineTech companies to meet, you’ll learn a lot about online wine services!
– Free shuttle to the Cité du Vin (“the Wine City“): this new-generation museum is celebrating its first year and will be the perfect experience to complete your Wine culture and civilizations discovery!
How to go to Vinexpo?
After more than 35 years of being the premiere exhibition for the wine and spirits industry, Vinexpo continues to surpass expectations. This is not an event to be missed!
Vinexpo takes place at Parc des Expositions de Bordeaux-Lac, June 18th – 21st, 9:00am – 6:30pm. Pre-order your admission ticket for 40 € or purchase for 60 € on-site.
The Winalist team will be at Vinexpo and will have the pleasure of meeting you!